NELRC publications are another way in which we build the
capacity of the adult literacy field. These materials have
grown out of innovative work with adult educators and are
designed to inspire and strengthen adult educators’ skills.
Strategies for Successful Students: A Facilitators’ Guide and Student Handouts
This workshop model presents five strategies that students at any level can use to improve their memory and academic performance. The five sets of strategies are based on evidence from neuroscience about how long-term memory works; research on self-affirmation and self-efficacy theory; and study habits of successful students. Download here:
Through the Lens of Social Justice:
Using the Change Agent in Adult Education
"Are you looking for ways to explore social justice themes
while building skills and addressing immediate student goals?
Here's a new resource that will help you bring popular education
and social analysis into the contemporary adult education
Read more... Or download the flyer.
- The Adult Learner Persistence website features persistence research, strategies, and tools.
- The Change Agent, a semi-annual newspaper bringing social justice issues to adult education
- CESOL is a website for teachers who are interested in integrating technology into the adult ESOL/ ESL classroom
- Civic Participation and Community Action Sourcebook for Adult Educators
- Civic Participation and Citizenship Collection of annotated web sites and original materials
- Computers in Action website features a series of stand-alone lesson plans for teachers using computers in the ESOL classroom
- Integrating Civic Participation and Adult ESOL
- Multiple Intelligences & Adult Literacy, A Sourcebook for Practitioners
- Multiple Intelligences in Practice: Teacher Research Reports from the AMI Study
- National College Transition Network features a collection of promising practices
- Open to Interpretation: Multiple Intelligences Theory in Adult Literacy Education
- Promising Practices in ABE to College Transitions
- Under Construction: Building Web Sites as a Project-based Learning Activity for ABE/ESOL Classes [PDF] guidebook provides adult literacy and ESOL staff developers and teachers with some simple, user-friendly advice on building Web sites as a classroom activity.